Customer Service Representative
|Title:||Customer Service Representative|
About PGT Industries
PGT® is the nation's leading manufacturer and supplier of residential impact-resistant windows and doors. Located in southwest Florida, PGT products are sold in the Eastern U.S., the Gulf Coast, the Caribbean, and other international markets. PGT aspires to develop innovative flexible solutions for all single family, commercial, and multi-family buildings. With a philosophy based on strength and functionality without compromise on aesthetics, we are successful because of our devoted employees. - See more at: http://www.pgtindustries.com
Location: N. Venice, FL
Summary of Job Duties:
- Receives, interprets, discusses, and edits telephone/fax orders from customers and sales representatives for a wide range of standard and special products and services.
- Enters orders into AS400 computer system and processes order changes and cancellation requests.
- Verifies accuracy of data entry.
- Ensures accuracy of orders including supplying missing or misstated information, correcting discrepancies involving product selections, calculating data related to orders when necessary.
- Provides information to customers including verifying and extending pricing for orders; providing estimates and discounts on orders; clarifying terminology for customers; accessing orders in database; and checking conditions of sales, shipping and handling instructions. Sends faxes as needed.
- Solves problems or resolved inquiries for customers and co-workers including investigating order documentation to determine errors, handling requests for adjustments in orders and billing, retrieving orders already submitted to manufacturing, and assisting various departments with questions on orders.
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Telephone, conflict management, interpersonal, and problem resolution skills required.
- Computer skills –Windows based PC required.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- In depth knowledge of PGT products and parts with continual learning preferred.
- In depth knowledge of procedures including shipping procedures, Return Merchandise Authorizations, production releases and service orders preferred.
PGT is an EOE / Drug-Free Workplace
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: