Manufacturing Manager (Group Leader)
|Title:||Manufacturing Manager (Group Leader)|
**PREVIOUS MANUFACTURING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. ALL OTHERS NEED NOT APPLY.**
Leads and coordinates the activities of a team of workers by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides leadership to ensure employees demonstrate appropriate work skills, safety practices, quality standards, technical accuracy, efficiency and conformity to company policies.
- Determines daily work priorities and adjusts work activities accordingly - communicates schedule and productivity goals to team directly or through subordinate leaders.
- Authorizes absences or overtime in order to meet work requirements.
- Completes necessary recordkeeping on SAP.
- Understands the overall production flow, including role of feeder departments, home line, shipping support, transportation and so on.
- Troubleshoots as needed.
- Applies Theory of Constraints concepts; identifies constraints/bottlenecks that affect productivity.
- Suggests solutions.
- Teaches team how to identify constraints.
- Listens to and acts on issues/suggestions raised by team.
- Regularly monitors team member's adherence to safe work practices and company's safety policies.
- Monitors production to ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Reinforces use of PADs / Work Instructions and other documentation to ensure that quality standards for fit, function and appearance are met every time.
- Works with newly hired and/or transferred employees to make sure they thoroughly understand and properly perform their job duties in accordance with the PADs.
- Understands and communicates company and department metrics and results includingProfit Sharing, errors, nonconformities, quality, safety and material usage.
- Communicates regularly and effectively with the team and other departments.Schedules meetings with team and attends meetings with other departments to ensure optimum communication.
- Addresses employees' concerns and questions promptly and with appropriate feedback to affected employee(s).
- Answers employees' questions related to company policies or directs employees to proper resources.
- Ensure employees follow policies.
- Coaches as needed.
- Attends intershift meetings.
- Relays and shares information with employees, across shifts, and with other departments.
- Reallocates labor per manufacturing needs.
- Provides positive and negative performance feedback to employees verbally and in writing.
- Documents feedback through Confirmation of Conversations (COC) and written reprimands.
- Completes and delivers annual performance reviews for employees.
- Assists employees with difficult or unusual issues and situations, making decisions about disposition of situation or the need to seek additional authorization for action.
- Is sensitive to employee issues and knows when to refer employees to the proper resource person.
- Helps employees identify training needs.
- Ensures employees receive appropriate training necessary to meet and exceed job expectations.
- Coaches employees requiring additional support and training.
- Knows and uses technical skills needed for job, including Outlook, AS/400 & Frontier (options such as load availability, build report, ticket reprint, manufacturing scan, sales order tracking), and SAP (attendance functions).
- Participates in company programs to develop leadership and job skills.
- Identify opportunities to improve the business, develop strategies, and implement strategic plans.
Leads hourly leaders and hourly workers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Four years manufacturing experience with at least two years experience as a leader
- Previous glass & manufacturing experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Word/Excel)
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Knowledge of PGT products and processes
- SAP/AS400/Frontier preferred
- Work Keys Score/Test Requirements:Applied Math - 5, Locating Information - 5, Observations - 5, Reading for Information -Writing - 3
Good oral and written communication skills
Must be able to perform basic math calculations
Ability to prioritize
Must be able to assess situations and make appropriate decisions, mechanical aptitude helpful
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
No specific licenses required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 90 lbs. depending on department
- Occasional bending and stooping
- Consistent daily attendance required to meet job duties
- Plant environment - may or may not be air conditioned, depending on location
Ability to travel occasionally domestically.
Occasional: activity exists less than 1/3 of the time
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: