|Department:||Credit & Collections|
Manages credit risks while assisting the sales effort and providing outstanding service to customers. This includes establishing credit lines, order approval for existing customers, current and past due account collection, customer dispute resolution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review portfolio and select delinquent accounts for collection efforts
- Negotiate payment arrangements for delinquent accounts, mutually beneficial to customer and PGT
- Evaluate customer records and make appropriate decisions regarding future action on accounts according to standard practices
- Monitor payment history and purchase activity of customers
- Assign terms and credit limits to current and prospective customers
- Review current customer credit applications and update as needed
- Share information and resources with other team members to enhance the development of the group
- Maintain a customer service focus to build and sustain productive internal and external customer relationships
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of internal credit policies
- Assist in development of credit rating criteria and internal scoring models
- Prepare credit and collection correspondence as necessary
- Confer with representatives of credit associations and other businesses to exchange information concerning credit ratings and forwarding addresses
- Operate a personal computer and appropriate software
- Work with other departments throughout the company to help remove obstacles that may prevent customer payment
- Print and review invoices
- Process credit card payments
- Process Refunds to customer
- Provide answers to customer inquiries regarding billing and/or payment issues/questions
- Account Reconciliation
- When necessary, prepare accounts for write-off, collection agency or litigation
- Retrieve and prepare audit documentation
- File documentation to protect PGT, and supply releases as appropriate
- Understand regulations governing business to business credit specific to our industry, such as bankruptcies and lien laws
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Experience in providing excellent customer service
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word & Excel
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred
LANGUAGE / COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
High level math skills
- Organizational skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Analyze, assess and use of logic
- Ability to manage time effectively and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to make sound decisions
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing.
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery.
- Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
- The position requires consistent daily attendance to provide the necessary level of customer service.
Ability to travel occasionally domestically
Occasional: activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequent: activity exists 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.