|Title:||PGT Sales Representative - Miami, Fl.|
PGT Sales Representative – Miami
At PGT Custom Windows + Doors, our purpose is clear.
Every aspect of our work is created with relationships at heart—building products for the everyday and once in a lifetime. For homeowners, this means peace of mind, no matter the weather. For our customers, it means being personally invested in their success, with 99% on-time delivery and full service before, during and after the sale. And for employees, it means working with purpose, with opportunities in the workplace and beyond. All this forms an unstoppable combination that truly sets us apart.
- CANDIDATE MUST LIVE IN OR BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO MIAMI, FL.
- CANDIDATE MUST BE BILINGUAL IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH
Sells products for PGT to existing customers and solicits means being personally invested in their success, with 99% on-time delivery and full service before, during and after the sale. Establish and maintain a partnership relationship with PGT's dealer network.
- Maintains and grows sales territory following the guidelines set up by the Director or RSM.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Advises customer in proper installation techniques to ensure product functionality and code compliance
- Evaluates customer complaints and uses his discretion to bring it to a final resolution.
- Participates in forecasting sales for assigned territory using Microsoft Excel and Sales Logix.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Participates in local Building Association meetings and trade shows when possible to display PGT products.
- Maintains effective working relationship with Credit/Collections, Customer Service, Marketing, Service, and Transportation Departments to manage all aspects of customer experience from sales to installation.
- Provides assistance to Credit/Collections and Customer Service Departments to resolve problems as they arise with their assigned dealers
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into Sales Logix and Microsoft Excel.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Assists Marketing in administrating promotions and sales support to customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations
- Respond promptly to customer needs
- Solicit customer feedback to improve service
- Respond to requests for service and assistance
- Meet commitments
- Understand business implications of decisions
- Demonstrate knowledge of market and competition
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong knowledge of PGT products, processes and customer relations a plus OR equivalent building products industry experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of building codes and their impact on fenestration/room enclosures a plus
LANGUAGE / COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization in both English and Spanish.
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations in both English and Spanish.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to make sound decisions with limited supervision
- Ability to deal effectively with diverse types of people
Computer Skills; ExoQuote2, Sales Logix, Frontier
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate over a telephone.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee must be able to transport him/herself to the customer’s place of business for meetings.
Frequent travel required
Occasional: activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequent: activity exists 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: