Designs and delivers training for PGT University – Dealer Education to be delivered to PGT dealers and other interested industry professionals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Dedicates required time and energy to assignments to ensure that no aspect of work is neglected.
- Sets high standard of quality.
- Serves as main resource for training about specific products and/or topics.
- Provides advice and guidance to dealers about complex customer requirements and custom/standard designs.
- Researches, develops and delivers training on assigned products and/or topics for PGT University – Dealer Education and other PGT departments.
- Participates in needs analysis to determine training needs within PGT University – Dealer Education.
- Determines instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, meetings, workshops and hands-on training.
- Selects or develops teaching aides such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aides and computer tutorials.
- Identifies opportunities and takes action to build relationships between PGTU – Dealer Education and other teams and departments to help achieve business goals.
- Revises design of training methods and materials to improve effectiveness.
- Communicates with Sales, Marketing, Engineering and Customer Service to ensure accurate information about the assigned topics is available to external audiences.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and current construction practices.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Requires in-depth knowledge of:
- PGT products and parts with continual learning
- Web Weaver and AS400 Applications
- PGT procedures including Customer Service, RMA’s, Production Scheduling, Shipping and Service
- Proficient in MicroSoft Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Training experience preferred
LANGUAGE / COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Must be able to communicate well with internal and external groups
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Must be able to calculate and understand drawings for products
Ability to assess learning and skill development
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone. Deadline-oriented department with occasional high stress
Overtime traveling is required
Occasional: activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequent: activity exists 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: