|Title:||Production Supervisor at WINDOOR|
An exempt position in which the individual is responsible for supervising, organizing, and directing the daily activities of a department in order to manufacture a luxury-brand product, within customer expectations and in a safe and hazard-free environment. Works with and communicates closely with the Production Manager and other management regarding departmental operations and manpower utilization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a safe and hazard-free work environment at all times by supporting and sharing company beliefs and principles with all employees.
- Leads By Example by:
- Working safely in all aspects at all times…
- Implementing and ensuring that all company policies and procedures, and rules and regulations are followed by everyone in the department and throughout the company (i.e., safety, quality, process, production, etc.).
- Optimizing all resources available (i.e., people, time, machinery, materials, etc.); and
- Driving performance of self and team to company metrics, and helping to identify and establish new metrics when applicable.
- Promotes/creates a positive team environment by:
- Being fair and treating everyone equally; and
- Assigning / delegating responsibilities as needed in a courteous manner; and
- Mentoring (directing and guiding others to ensure that they are properly trained and cross-trained); and
- Reporting and/or referring problems to the appropriate department manager or other management staff immediately (i.e., discipline, quality, stock, etc.); and
- Evaluating and completing performance reviews of subordinates in the department; and
- Keeping the lines of communication open between employees, management, and other departments. Encouraging input and involvement by all employees at all times.
- Prepares the line for production by:
- Scheduling the appropriate amount of staff in order to efficiently produce the targeted product; and
- Arriving early to assure the line is ready for production before the start of the shift; and
- Supervising and/or organizing the work in progress; and
- Notifying the Production Manager or Maintenance Manager of repairs before the start of shift and as needed; and
- Verifying, auditing and maintaining work records (i.e., timesheets, log sheets, graphs, etc.) and reporting to proper management personnel.
- Performs and/or directs others to routinely and customarily perform material handling and housekeeping duties associated with production requirements by:
- Supervising and following 5-S (Sort / Set / Shine / Standardize / Sustain); and
- Routinely audit the quality of the product being produced; and
- Monitoring optimization vs. scrap; and
- Monitoring and logging all repairs; and
- Correcting and communicating any problems and/or notifying the appropriate personnel.
- Maintains and/or exceeds the company lead-times by:
- Creating a sense of urgency; and
- Taking responsibility for the production, quality and safety of the department; and
- Managing and supervising all resources to accomplish the goals of the department.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all policies and procedures as well as processes and equipment by attending all mandatory and other available training sessions as needed.
- Receives most assignments from the Production Manager and follows the "chain of command", but is able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish the goals of the department.
- Maintains a professional and courteous mannerism at all times.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience and/or specific training/education.
- An ability to lead, supervise, and mentor employees; delegate work assignments; troubleshoot problems and create solutions.
- A familiarity with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures in the trade (i.e., 5S, lean manufacturing, etc.).
- Meets the physical requirements necessary to perform the essential functions of this description as well as those that may be required to maintain production requirements.
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements, nor shall it be construed as giving exclusive responsibility/authority for every function described.