******ROLE IS IN ORLANDO FL, AT OUR SISTER COMPANY, WINDOOR****
Plans and implements all activities related to the cost effective and timely planning and procurement of materials and parts required to exceed our customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Selects, develops and evaluates buyer/planner team to ensure efficient operation of the function
Establishes and implements standard operating procedures (SOP’s) based on best practices related to the systems and processes required to the effectively plan and procure the materials/parts required to exceed our customer expectations.
Establishes and supervises material planning activities by developing metrics monitoring material inventories, tracking progress of production and reviewing factors that affect schedules.
Identifies opportunities for inventory reduction, recommends disposition of excess and obsolete inventory.
Drives improvements in material storage and space utilization.
Prepares department expedite reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends and uses information to proactively communicate potential late deliveries.
Manages effective relationships with existing suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
Adhere to established company policies, procedures, terms and conditions and legal matters that affect purchasing policies.
Ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring replenishment strategy.
Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with material handling, an inventory transaction system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
Achieves financial objectives by working with management group to prepare the materials budget, schedule expenditures, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions.
Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions.
Participates in MRB and CAR meetings to resolve quality issues working with both internal and external resources.
Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, Process Engineering and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets.
Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies that adhere to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
Leads department of Buyer Planner professionals
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experienced proven leader who leads by example and motivates people so as to create a challenging, empowering, and collaborative working environment.
- Maintain and provide current understanding of industry best practices and technology trends.
Understands the function of a Materials Manager in a dynamic manufacturing environment and can develop and document Standard Operating Procedures.
- Identify tools, processes and metrics to optimize Buyer/ Planner team performance.
- Good writing, documentation, and record keeping skills.
- Good analytical problem solving ability.
- Ability to contribute and lead teams in a cross functional collaborative environment.
- Financial skills including cost modeling, cost analysis, make vs. buy analysis.
- Ability to leverage metrics and other tools to drive team performance
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree in business, supply chain, management or other related discipline. Masters in related field a plus.
- 6-10 years progressive leadership experience in materials management within a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and report writing skills.
- Experience in total quality, six-sigma, or other similar environments preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills.
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Must be able to count, multiply, and divide
Candidate must be able to exercise good reasoning ability to support supplier selection criteria. Sound, ethical decision making is an essential function of this position.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- APICS CPIM, CSCP certification or ISM CPM, CPSM preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to visually inspect periodic deliveries of goods in plant.
Ability to work inside hot and humid conditions, dusty and work comfortably around large or small pieces of annealed glass.
Consistent daily attendance required to monitor material replenishment for assigned areas.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work in both air-conditioned office environment and non air-conditioned plant environment.
Must be able to move freely and navigate through production floor.