HR Generalist - Employee Relations
|Title:||HR Generalist - Employee Relations|
The Human Resources Generalist, with limited supervision, is responsible for the successful management of personnel practices and policies for assigned client groups. The incumbent’s responsibilities include organizational development/training, recruitment, policy interpretation and administration, employee relations, training, compensation, benefits, and other duties as necessary to ensure maximum effectiveness of the Human Resources function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other dutieds may be assigned.
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING
RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION
- In conjunction with client group leadership, manages the organizational plan for designated client groups, including developing and updating job descriptions, determining skills and competencies required for specific jobs, and determining developmental/promotional opportunities within job families and functional areas.
- Assists the client group in assessing training needs. Counsels leaders and employees about on-the-job and formal training opportunities to develop new skills and prepare for advancement. Assists leaders and employees in preparing Individual Development Plans and annual goals and objectives.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts new leader training to ensure leaders understand and can effectively carry out their new leadership responsibilities.
- In conjunction with PGTU-Workforce Development, develops and conducts training for employees and leaders regarding human resources issues.
- Assists clients in assessing training effectiveness.
- Participates in new employee orientation. Provides input to PGTU – Workforce Development to improve and further develop new employee orientation and other training and development programs.
- Meets with hiring leader and recruiting staff to review job descriptions and confirm skills required for job openings in client group. With hiring leader and recruiting staff, determines anticipated total compensation offer for openings.
- Reviews qualifications of potential internal candidates responding to job postings in client group. Recommends internal candidates for further consideration.
- Participates on Targeted Selection interview team for openings in client group. Conducts interviews using Targeted Selection and other appropriate techniques.
- Supports recruiting staff at on-site and off-site recruitment events including job fairs, college recruiting fairs, and trade shows.
- Conducts exit interviews with employees leaving the company to assess overall success of employment relationship and opportunities for improvement.
- Monitors and analyzes turnover to develop, recommend and implement strategies to improve employee retention. Counsels leaders in implementing retention strategies.
POLICY DEVELOPMENT, INTERPRETATION AND ADMINISTRATION
- Assists in the development of human resources policies in order to satisfy legal requirements.
- Assures a practical level of consistency and accurate policy interpretation interdepartmentally and within each client group. Audits policy compliance.
- Assists client group leaders in required personnel functions such as disciplinary procedures and appropriate corresponding paperwork/documentation.
- Provides policy and procedure explanation to those responsible for supervising others.
- Responds to, and supports, Company’s position in unemployment claims.
- Coordinates and monitors discretionary leaves of absence for employees in client group. Collaborates with other Generalists to maintain a practical level of consistency throughout the organization.
- Leads ADA taskforce for the interactive process to identify employment options, with or without accommodation, for employees.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Provides policy and procedure explanation and employee benefits information to newly hired employees and current employees, as necessary.
- Demonstrates an appropriate balance between Company and employee advocacy in dealings with internal and external customers.
- Communicates with employees as required in resolving conflicts and acting as a mediator in facilitating resolution.
- Assists client group leaders in identification of aberrant behavior, Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) referrals, and other issues as required.
- Assists leaders in identifying, documenting and communicating results and deficiencies in performance. Reviews performance appraisals and action plans and provides feedback to leaders prior to communicating with employees.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Determines and effectively administers the compensation and benefits changes associated with personnel transactions including merit increases, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, and leaves of absence.
- Communicates with other members of the department to ensure accuracy of HRIS files and documentation for all special arrangements associated with the transactions.
- Reviews performance appraisals of employees from client group for consistency and verifies wage increases comply with current compensation practice.
- With hiring leader, develops job descriptions for positions within client groups and recommends appropriate compensation for new positions.
- Conducts job analysis for positions within client group to determine appropriate salary level according to compensation guidelines and policy. Regularly monitors market compensation data. Recommends changes to pay ranges to remain competitive with appropriate labor markets.
- Prepares data for salary surveys as assigned.
- Assists leaders in communicating the Company’s total compensation package to employees, including cash and non-cash compensation
- Responds to employee questions regarding employee benefits, referring more complex and HIPAA-related questions to the Benefits Specialist.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Knowledge of appropriate legislation pertaining to employment, compensation and benefits and other related human resources functions.
Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
Knowledge of employment practices.
Knowledge of compensation practices.
Knowledge of company benefits plans.
Knowledge of business practices and product information.
Coordination skill to operate telephone and FAX machine.
Coordination skill to operate personal computer keyboard in order to create reports, schedules, and appropriate documentation for other personnel functions.
Ability to verbally communicate with others in order to coach and lead.
Ability to write reports in order to meet department objectives.
Ability to read personnel files and interpret appropriate legislation and company policies.
Ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
Ability to move from department to department to attend meetings.
Ability to integrate data from interviews in order to make appropriate employment decisions.
Ability to coordinate multiple and changing priorities.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE Qulifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Human Resource Management or related field.
Five to seven (5-7) years’ experience in human resources or related field.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing, and occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and balancing. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
Ability to travel occasionally domestically
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications