Under limited supervision, plans, organizes and manages WinDoor brand product line(s). This includes the responsibilities of product lifecycle management (ideation, launching, growth, maturity, decline, product improvement, obsolescence), product line P&L, pricing, value proposition of WinDoor brands’ products, and providing product communication support.
This position ensures current products meet target customer needs and works with internal and external stakeholders to enhance the products to keep them relevant in the marketplace. Manages future product innovation to meet the needs of the organization as well as satisfy our on-going customer requirements. This position requires extensive cross-functional interactions, to include influencing and building partnerships, with senior leadership, marketing, innovation/ design/ manufacturing engineering, operations, sales leadership and customers. This role is responsible for maintaining the WinDoor brands’ product pipeline to include new and enhanced products.
Aid in the development of WinDoor brand’s product strategy and features, and follow product development from start to finish.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- critical role to achieving the company’s volume and profit growth targets. Work with sales, customer service, and field service to capture user experiences with our current product offerings. Closely work with the Marketing and Innovation to identify product development opportunities through research, analysis and collaboration that results in enhanced products, product line extensions or new product development. Document proposals drive by PGT NPD Process which include the opportunity available, resources necessary, including costs, time to develop, and proposed ROI. Optimize product pipeline, strategy and time to market. Collaborate cross-functionally and with key partners to enhance/develop products that support strategic relationships and/or positioning within the market. Work with Manager of Product Management to prioritize projects and product timelines. Document all projects and enhancement requests per company protocol. Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products. Produce and review product requirements documents
Work with Innovation to suggest and assist with product innovation strategy in alignment with business goals, desired customer experience, customer feedback and overall market opportunities to ensure industry leadership and customer satisfaction. Work closely with customers and potential partners to determine additional business segments and integration opportunities to create future revenue streams.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth. Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
Scope and Impact:
Develop product management strategies in line with corporate goals, designed to grow sustainable revenue, market share, margin and profit and drive all elements of the business plan. Build strategies based upon thoughtful consumer insights, thorough competitive and market analysis and a deep understanding of emerging Florida, North American and global cultural trends.
Define the strategic platforms for new products and build a robust pool of ideas, such as product enhancements, to mine when appropriate to achieve revenue, market and product portfolio objectives. In partnership with Innovation, build new product pipeline against strategic platforms to deliver 3-5 year plan.
Communication Management (Internal & External Stakeholders):
Inspire and engage others to embrace change in order to build upon the strengths of PGT Industries by initiating changes that could go beyond current systems and processes. Communicate and influence senior management regarding product pipelines and readiness for products to shift into steady state business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, marketing or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in the fenestration, building products or consumer packaged goods industry with a focus on product and/or innovation management.
- Experience effectively working in a highly matrixed organization.
- Strong leadership orientation with a high work ethic and energy level.
- High comfort with working in a highly ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics.
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic programs and supporting tactics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior project management skills, ability to multi-task and work on tight timelines.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex business environment and concepts and express them clearly
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- 10+ years of experience in product and innovation management.
- Master’s degree or MBA in engineering, marketing or business.
- Familiarity with the fenestration or building industry and product.