|Title:||Code Compliance Engineer|
Under general supervision, works with team to develop documents used in the certification of product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops calculations to support the sizes and design pressures of our products.
- Works with design engineers to develop anchorage strategies.
- Prepares drawings of tested articles to be used in our certification documents.
- Reviews test reports to approved test plan for accuracy.
- Provides technical support to Product Engineering.
- Helps in interface between departments i.e. Service, product engineering, field and in-house testing, and quality.
- Processes, updates and manages established procedures and documentation between Code Compliance and other departments.
- Reviews Dade County NOA’s, and AAMA test reports and schedules when testing needs to be completed and test reports are required, to insure approvals are received to insure proper product flow.
- Coordinates with product testing (in-house and formal lab tests), definition of test specimens, obtaining samples, building prototypes, scheduling tests and communicating results
- Confirms compliance of training materials with documentation, specifications and approved formats.
- Remain current on all test standards and building code requirements.
- Generates and maintains product compliance list through out the plants.
- Represents Code Compliance at product improvement meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related field. Ability to clearly develop ideas in the form of working drawings. Potential to perform comparative analysis to qualify product certifications, anchor, and wind load analysis. Ability to read and understand building codes and parts specifications. Must gain familiarity with manufacturing processes, material selection and product testing procedures. Computer skills: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, CAD..
Able to analysis and resolve complex problems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Florida EIT, PE preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Generally works in air-conditioned office environment, except when performing field evaluations or monitoring laboratory tests.
Usual office environment with frequent sitting, walking, and standing. Occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling. Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery. Oral and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as the telephone.
Ability to travel occasionally domestically.
Occasional: activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequent: activity exists 1/3 to 2/3 of the time.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: