Summary of Job Duties:
- Measures and cuts steel for fabrication.
- Under supervision of skilled personnel, lays out welding sequence, referring to drawings, blueprints or specifications; may lay out and mark weld points on parts or subassemblies using rule, square, scribe or templates; may position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, or guides using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Operates welding equipment, regulating current and voltage or gas and wire flow rate for proper penetration and fusion of metals.
- Performs ordinary hand welding operations ensuring maximum weld strength, avoiding distortion and excessive weld at joints.
- Spray paints finished products, i.e. carts, tables.
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
Technical school a plus.
- Ability to safely use band saw, drill press, and hand tools.
- Ability to read tape measure accurately.
Ability to take direction and learn to operate welding equipment.
- Basic English language skills.
- Measurements and ability to calculate dimensions.
Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently.
Ability to work standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb, stoop and bend regularly.
- Work in unclimatized environment.
- Exposed to heat from welding equipment.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications