About PGT Industries
PGT® is the nation's leading manufacturer and supplier of residential impact-resistant windows and doors. Located in southwest Florida, PGT products are sold in the Eastern U.S., the Gulf Coast, the Caribbean, and other international markets. PGT aspires to develop innovative flexible solutions for all single family, commercial, and multi-family buildings. With a philosophy based on strength and functionality without compromise on aesthetics, we are successful because of our devoted employees. - See more at: http://www.pgtindustries.com
Summary of Job Duties: Drives tractor/trailer combination to transport and deliver multiple stops in high volume traffic areas
- Operates tractor/trailer combination between designated locations, including the possibility of overnight trips.
- Must maintain driver logs according to State and Federal Regulations. Must be willing to learn electronic logs and proof of delivery scanner.
- Must be capable of performing pre and post trip inspections of tractor and trailer. Forklifts on occasion.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of D.O.T Regulations including H.O.S
- Speak and understand English. Written and spoken form
- Must be able to lift 150 lbs on a regular basis.
- Must be able to start the work shift between 3:00am and 7:00am.
- Must be able to work a 14 hour shift, with a 16 hour shift possible on occasions
- Must be able to abide by Company Policies and Procedures
- Needs to be able to work with others in confined work environment.
- Need to ensure that load is properly secured before moving tractor/trailer
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background check
- Must have a clean MVR.
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- At least 2 years experience as truck driver
- Minor repair/mechanical skills helpful
- Class A Commercial Drivers License
- Must be able to qualify for a DOT medical card
- Work in unclimatized trailer, exposed to heat and rain.
- Must be able to work in sometimes dirty and greasy situations.
- Problem solving skills are a plus.