Yard Spotter - Days/Nights
|Title:||Yard Spotter - Days/Nights|
Summary of Job Duties: $15.00/hr plus shift differential
- Operates tractor to switch empty and full trailers to and from shipping dock and yard trailer parking area.
- Reviews shipping schedule to determine need for movement of empty and full trailers
- Works with dispatcher, loading and fleet maintenance to coordinate trailer moves
- Operates truck tractor to move filled trailers to yard parking area and bring empty trailers to appropriate docking space
- May be required to transport tractor/trailers to and from offsite parking area or repair/rental vendor in Tampa
- Ensures that safety chocks are in place during loading process, are removed for return to parking area and then replaced while trailer is parked
- Places and removes dock boards as required.
- Works in Material Handling during slack time performing minor trailer repairs or assisting technicians as a helper (lights, mud flaps, license tag replacement, tie-down board replacement, etc.)
- Prepares trailers for loading and cleans any debris left on or in trailers
- Inspects trailers for lights, tires and any damages to trailer. Ensures trailer is “road-worthy”
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- At least (2) years experience as a truck driver
- Minor repair/mechanical skills helpful
- Basic English language skills.
- Basic math skills
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- DOT medical card
- Must be able to control tractor trailer and to hitch full or empty trailers
- Class “8” Tractor trailer driving experience
- Work in unclimatized tractor, exposed to heat and rain
- Must be able to work in sometimes dirty and greasy situations.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: